Monday, July 21, 2014

How to Create a Peaceful Sanctuary in Your Bathroom

I cannot get enough of baths - not just ordinary baths where you toss in some cheap liquid bubbles and watch them go flat in seconds - I'm talking a full blown peaceful bath that when you emerge from the water you will feel completely cleansed of the mind, the soul, and of course your body.

Creating a peaceful atmosphere in the bathroom does not mean you have to tear up the bathroom and completely renovate it. You can create a peaceful ambiance in the bathroom especially for bath time, that way you don't have to go messing up floors, walls, or colors.

When I think of peace, I think of dewy colors such as lilac, and baby blue. Whenever I am looking to put my mind at ease, I will place a light colored blue light into the bathrooms wall fixture. It takes about 10 seconds, and once on will give off a nice cooling and peaceful blue hue to the room. It also allows my eyes to rest easier, where bright light would just be annoying.

If you don't have a blue light on hand, then leave the lights off, and light 5 to 6 candles for a relaxing dim lighting in the room.

Before flicking off the lights though, you are going to want some peaceful essentials. Lavender scented bathing products always put my mind at ease, as does a light fragrance of rose mint. Mint for some awakens the senses, but if the mint scent has a very light floral tough to it, it actually puts me in a very relaxed state of mind.

Bath salts, and soaps you use can also alter your mood, which will create a very relaxing aura in the entire room. Cooling salts, or lilac scented salts always do the trick for me.

Lush's Bubble Bars will do wonders for those of you whom would like to soak in silky smooth clouds of bubbles. I highly recommend Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds bubble bar for a nice relaxing, long lasting, bubble bath.

Another must have is an eye pillow. Once in your tub, place the eye pillow lightly dampened over your eyes. I will sometimes place actual slices of cucumbers on my eyes before adding the pillow. This does wonders for a nice soothing fix to puffy eyes. Yes, even your eyes get to relax.

If you really, really want to go the extra mile for the ultimate relaxing bathroom sanctuary, then I would suggest getting yourself a sound machine. Most sound machines have 5-10 different peaceful sounds for you to listen to in the background. Ocean waves breaking at the shore, with the bellowing of a seagull can really amp up your relaxation session, not only while bathing, but while using the bathroom in general.

For me the bathroom is the most important room in the house. I love my bathroom, and constantly look for new elements to create a relaxing mood. Beach themed bathrooms with light colors are sure to relax not only you, but your guests as well. A simple replica of the ocean on a sound machine is sure to impress the senses, and those who actually use your bathroom.

You want your bathroom to be comfortable, and inviting, yet relaxing and soothing.

While not bathing, you want your bathroom to give off a relaxing vibe, by not only surrounding it in a relaxing theme, but also by the scents that dwell within. For my ultimate relaxing pleasure, I like to plug in Bath & Body Works Wall Flowers in the lime and coconut scent. This tropical scent is smooth, misty, and puts you in such a warm and calm mood. With the relaxing beach theme, the tropical fragrance adds to the feel of being on a tropical beach. It's relaxing, it's calm, and it's a sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme That 2 Cents